Becoming a Member
The Club's membership requirements?
- Be 40 years old or more, and hold a current motorcycle licence, be nominated by a Branch Member and approved by the Branch President; or
Be 40 years old or more, have a longstanding interest in motorcycles or be the spouse / partner of a current member, and has been nominated by a Branch Member and approved by the Branch President; or
Be 40 years old or more, hold a current motorcycle licence, and is generally resident overseas, and has been nominated by two members who are generally resident in New Zealand; and (4)having satisfied (1) or (2) or (3) above, have applied for membership to the National Secretary in such manner as may be prescribed from time to time; and (5)has been approved for membership by the National Committee.
There are some exemptions to some of these requirements, if your spouse is a member, if you ride a trike on a car licence or if you can prove a long-standing involvement in motorcycling discuss your situation with the Branch President.
So how do I join?
With a motto like ours, you'll see that we're not too stand-offish, so we try and keep this simple.
First, make sure you understand the membership requirements and that you are eligible then come to one or more of our rides or functions one of these can be a Branch Meeting or Branch Dinner. Prospective members and visitors are more than welcome to attend any of our group rides and social events. See the Events & Runs Page,
Events can be:
- The club social night.
- A ride organised by the club
- A ride supported by the club eg. BRONZE Toy Run, Red Knights Burns Run
- A rally (attendance proof required)
Then you can get in touch with us by:
- Sending an email by clicking here, or
- Leaving a message on the branch phone
or possibly the best option
- Obtain a copy of our Membership Application Form, fill it in and get it to the Branch President to sign and send it away.
- Turn up at one of the club social nights, (first Thursday of the month at the Hobsinville RSA 114 Hobsonville Rd, Hobsonville) introduce yourself and say you want to join.
If you have any questions you can get in touch with us by:
- Sending an email to our Branch President (see above), or by contacting one of our Committee members directly
- Turn up at any of the branch rides or social events, introduce yourself and say you want to join.